Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

make my own? (piog)

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

So, I just found out i'm pregnant with my first. I've known for a long time that i would cloth diaper but now that it's finally my turn to give it a try i'm finding that there are so many options i'm not sure what to do. lol

I was actually thinking I could make my own. I've watched a couple youtube videos on it and it doesn't look too hard.

Is there anything i should know before i try? any tips? Advice? guidance? ideas? opinions?

Also, if you make cloth diapers, what kinds do you make? how much does it cost you? and why do you make that kind?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
heather4511
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM
I'm new to making diapers so i don't have much to offer here, but i made one diaper cover so far and it was quite easy.

I ordered PUL from diapersewingsupplies.com and with a $10 order i got free elastic. And the flannel I bought was $2.79 a yard, which makes quite a few diapers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinnana61
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Congratulations, what an exciting time for you!  You may want to take a look at Cloth Diapers Made Easy, an excellent guide to diaper making with pull out patterns.  Also, the gals at facebook.com/babyvilleboutique are quite helpful and love to share their wealth of diaper making knowledge.  Best wishes.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)