Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

elastic and velcro? or snaps..... HELP!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

so my second baby...my little boy is due in october. i was induced with my daughter at 38 weeks for high BP (but the hospital here wont induce before 39 weeks unless its a severe case) so we're not expecting him any time before october.

we're cloth diapering. its on our registry but so far no ones bought anything...so as soon as we get some extra money we're def gonna be buying so we can have these. i have a friend (most wonderful friend for doing this) who's going to sew prefolds into fitteds for me for free!!!s (yay!) just have to supply her with all the stuff she needs. 

i dont know what kind of elastic to use in a situation like this...opinions?

and trying to decide between snaps and velcro. love velcro...hate that it sometimes doesnt last as long. love snaps....but are they worth it?

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.Angelica.
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM

i prefer snaps. velcro is nice to get a fast good fit but don't like that it grabs onto everything and needs replaced sooner.

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
You can use polybraid elastic, I use 3/8" some use 1/4". I use snaps because of durability but if I were making newborn size I would use aplix (velcro)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM

we bought some premade newborn fitteds on a whim lol. we we're at this craft fair thingy at the fair this year lol!!!! i love them. 

is there a difference between 3/8" and 1/4"?? i dont understand lol

Quoting Sarita33:

You can use polybraid elastic, I use 3/8" some use 1/4". I use snaps because of durability but if I were making newborn size I would use aplix (velcro)

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

Liebevoll_mami
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:22 PM

thats very true!

Quoting .Angelica.:

i prefer snaps. velcro is nice to get a fast good fit but don't like that it grabs onto everything and needs replaced sooner.

CafeMom Tickers

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM
I find that 3/8 stays more flat, leaves less marks on chubby thighs. I use the 1/4" on newborn/smalls and 3/8" on OS, med, large +
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSulli2005
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

same thoughts on this. however I prefer Lastin over polybraid. It works both the same, just like working with Lastin :)

Quoting Sarita33:

hooraywesay
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM
This. I like hook & loop best for teeny tinies. Or closureless with a snappi or Boingo

Quoting Sarita33:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)