Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting back into sewing

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 222 Total Views
I know there a lot of free patterns out there but which one or ones would you recommend to use for a fitted. Preferably os bc I will have most likely four in cloth. Ds who is already in cloth and my sister who will have three lo under 2 in march. I am in the process of making covers for the newb but for the older three I was looking into fitted diapers it also has to. Be a pattern turns and top stiches. I do not have a serger :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:18 PM
I really like this arfy fitted pattern because you chose what size wings you want.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ZS8fH9BssYMUVtWmk3T0pmYkE/preview?pli=1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2CXh
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM

is there a link to the instructions by any chance

Quoting Sarita33:

I really like this arfy fitted pattern because you chose what size wings you want.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ZS8fH9BssYMUVtWmk3T0pmYkE/preview?pli=1

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM
This is the link to her blog where she has the patterns and tutorials.

http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/2012/10/online-free-downloads.html?m=1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2CXh
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Ty now hopefully I can get some done
perfect01
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Well, a fitted diaper is just that, a fitted to the size the baby is wearing now.  Do you mean an all in one that is a one size?

For fitted diapers I love making the Little Comet Tails Happy Hipster pattern.  I've actually been making them as a fitted cover with a snap in liner (the cover is PUL both inside and out so it can be wiped out, then I put a snap in the center back of the inside layer to snap the insert into).  I am using petal shaped soakers that are 1 layer of super heavy microfiber from Kidsinthegarden.com, 2 layers of heavy bamboo fleece and topped with doe colored suedecloth so they don't get stains.  In a normal day, we only use 1 or 2 all-in-2 covers.  I made all of mine turn and topstitch because I don't like the way the fold over elastic absorbs wet.  Here is a picture of some the first ones I made.  I have since started using snaps instead of touch tape.  And I also added gussets to the leg openings of all the ones I have made.  Can't get the picture to rotate on here, even though it is on my computer!

Sorry I can't help you with a one size pattern.  I haven't used any that I like so far.

Mommy2CXh
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Quoting perfect01:

Well, a fitted diaper is just that, a fitted to the size the baby is wearing now.  Do you mean an all in one that is a one size? i was looking for a os fitted i own a couple . i needed os bc the oldest is in a bigger size than the other two and wanted something that i could grab and put on any of them. i will check out that pattern though ty might come in hand for my ds dipes

For fitted diapers I love making the Little Comet Tails Happy Hipster pattern.  I've actually been making them as a fitted cover with a snap in liner (the cover is PUL both inside and out so it can be wiped out, then I put a snap in the center back of the inside layer to snap the insert into).  I am using petal shaped soakers that are 1 layer of super heavy microfiber from Kidsinthegarden.com, 2 layers of heavy bamboo fleece and topped with doe colored suedecloth so they don't get stains.  In a normal day, we only use 1 or 2 all-in-2 covers.  I made all of mine turn and topstitch because I don't like the way the fold over elastic absorbs wet.  Here is a picture of some the first ones I made.  I have since started using snaps instead of touch tape.  And I also added gussets to the leg openings of all the ones I have made.

Sorry I can't help you with a one size pattern.  I haven't used any that I like so far.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

perfect01
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Wow, that is a nice pattern and the vidoe tutorial her friend made on Youtube is very detailed on making an Ain1.  I tried to link it here, but I can't get it to work.

Quoting Sarita33:

This is the link to her blog where she has the patterns and tutorials.

http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/2012/10/online-free-downloads.html?m=1

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Have you tried the Onedersnap? It has a rather large wing span, but that's part of why I liked it so much. There's actually a comparison of patterns and diapers made from them HERE, though I suppose it would be helpful if there were something for size/scale comparison. Two that I posted (CookiePants and Onedersnap) look similarly sized due to scale but are actually quite different so I guess it can be a bit misleading. Perhaps I'll go through and make new dipes from all of the free patterns to update that a little more accurately. In the meantime, you can still get a look at the general shape of several patterns.

Quoting perfect01:

Mommy2CXh
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I haven't looked into them but when I am not mobile

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Have you tried the Onedersnap? It has a rather large wing span, but that's part of why I liked it so much. There's actually a comparison of patterns and diapers made from them HERE, though I suppose it would be helpful if there were something for size/scale comparison. Two that I posted (CookiePants and Onedersnap) look similarly sized due to scale but are actually quite different so I guess it can be a bit misleading. Perhaps I'll go through and make new dipes from all of the free patterns to update that a little more accurately. In the meantime, you can still get a look at the general shape of several patterns.

Quoting perfect01:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)