Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mama cloth makers!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 183 Total Views
I really want to switch to cloth and a menstrual cup. I am thinking it will be cheaper to make my own.

I'm thinking flannel, microfiber inserts for heavy days/nights, and PUL back for extra protection.

Any tips? Thoughts? Good free patterns you use?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TwoOnTheWay
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Use fleece as the backing not PUL, it gets irritating and hot, but fleece will breathe. I can post the patterns I use when I'm not mobile. Or maybe k8wizzo will beat me to it... Lol! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM
That would be awesome thanks!

Quoting TwoOnTheWay:

Use fleece as the backing not PUL, it gets irritating and hot, but fleece will breathe. I can post the patterns I use when I'm not mobile. Or maybe k8wizzo will beat me to it... Lol! ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Just curious do you think Alova suede work for the top?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwoOnTheWay
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I like minky or cotton poly velour... they're soft, and don't stain.  This is one pattern I use.  This is another.  Hope that helps!!  The alova would be fine for a stay dry layer, but I don't think it would feel very nice against the lady bits, and it might stain.

MyGiftsFromGod
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I just have cotton flannel. I absolutely cannot stand the feeling of anything other than cotton, and don't care if it stains since I'm the only one who sees it. LOL. Disposables are nothing but uncomfortable and itchy to me, and I don't even use anything waterproof because it ends up feeling plasticy and sweaty just like a disposable to me. I don't normally even have a cycle, so I only have them for after having babies any way. I never actually knew that other people used cloth because I didn't learn it from anyone else and accidentally discovered it on my own. I had run out of pads after our first baby, the bleeding had slowed, and decided to just wait until my husband was going to go shopping the next day for me. I grabbed my worn out old washcloths and thought I would just throw them out after using them. Well I was hooked! Never wanted another disposable after that, and made my own pads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)