Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good pocket pattern?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

I've never sewn diapers before but I really want to learn! Today I finally broke down while at Joanns and I bought some PUL and minky and I really want to give it a try! They didn't have the babyville pattern and I really didn't like the look of the sample diaper they have (I don't like the folded over elastic and I'm not a fan of the PUL outter...) So I'm looking for a free/cheap pattern that has detailed but easy to follow instructions... I'm fairly new at the sewing thing period (I have only been doing it for about a year) so I need the basic.

I also want to try some AIOs and AI2s at some point, but I think I just need to stick with one at a time just to get my bearings! 

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Ma2Liam
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sh84LK19VNE

This is what I watched to learn how to sew. You can google Rita's rump pattern and sub in your layers for theirs. If I remember it is more like a fitted, but this was my first pattern I used.

Also if you check out the diaper directory sticky in this group they have a ton of pattern suggestions. Some free and some not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I love the Cloth Revolution pattern. There are quite a few free ones in the Diaper Directory. As for paid patterns, LaDiDa and FattyCakes are pretty popular.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)