Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help with obf/zorb inserts

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

heres the story: i made a few inserts for my son, they have been washed a ton of times (he poops immediately almost everytime i try to test them lol) they are snake inserts, zorb sandwiched between obf topped with cotton velour. so when its folded over it comes out to 8 layers. the amount of absorbancy isnt an issue. its the rate (i think). i use these inserts in my best diapers that never ever leak when i use any other insert. with these, the insert wont even be 1/4 of the way wet and it leaks out. like its not absorbing at all. i thought at first that i could be the oils in the obf arnt letting it absorb fast enough. but theyve been washed enough now for that not to be an issue. and the cv that is aginst his skin should clear up any rate of absoption issues right? but what is happening? help me!

Ok I tried sizing the diaper tighter and it didn't help. One of my wahm friends mentioned something about the moisture distribution? Like he pees in the front and its not spreading into the back? She said there's a thing on wazoodle about it. But their info section is down right now. Does anyone know anything about this?

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Could it change the fit of the diaper? Like the thickness of the insert folded over could cause leg/belly gapeing in certain positions. If it is a os dioe, you might have to adjust the rise differently than you would another insert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melame68
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM

its a OS but he wears it all the way open. these are trimmer than what i normally use. icant figure it out

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Since they are trimmer, maybe you need to use the rise snaps. On melanie's I only snap the outer ones near the legs, I leave the middle undone to still have the tall middle rise. I have to do it like that for my bamboo inserts since they are trim.

Quoting Melame68:

its a OS but he wears it all the way open. these are trimmer than what i normally use. icant figure it out

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melame68
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM

hmmmmm ill try that

Quoting Sarita33:

Since they are trimmer, maybe you need to use the rise snaps. On melanie's I only snap the outer ones near the legs, I leave the middle undone to still have the tall middle rise. I have to do it like that for my bamboo inserts since they are trim.

Quoting Melame68:

perfect01
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM

You might also try folding more absorbing power at the front so it is snug against his junk, lol!  If there is space between where the pee leaves their body and the actual diaper, it can sometimes run off the sides before it is absorbed.   And definitely about the snapping the leg sides tighter.  If your O/S has 2 rows of snaps at the waist, you might be able to snap the bottom row (nearest the legs) in one more than the waist snap (top row).  It's what I love most about snapping dipes, you have so many options to get a good fit.

Melame68
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Ok I tried sizing the diaper tighter and it didn't help. One of my wahm friends mentioned something about the moisture not moving through the fabric? Something like that. Like he pees in the front and its not spreading into the back? She said there's a thing on wazoodle about it. But their info section is down right now. Does anyone know anything about this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melame68
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)