Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something for an older kid who wets the bed.

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 205 Total Views
My seven year old has to wear goodnights at night for bed wetting. I was wondering if there is pattern out there for older kids that isn't bulky and diaperish. One night we went through 3 diapers and I just can't afford that.
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
vegamatic
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM

kaylas cloth has a pattern that can be used for all sizes. I don't have the link right now but I'm sure if you put in Kaylas Cloth it will pop up. I got the pattern to use on an adult client. I liked them.

perfect01
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I don't know about a pattern, but I do know about a book that helps them learn not to wet the bed.  I was amazed at how well the method worked.  I don't remember which one it was for sure, but I think this one has the method we used in it -The Complete Bedwetting Book by Dr. Preston Smith.  What worked for us was a daytime method that teaches the child to know when their bladder is full, what it feels like to hold it and when it is time to get up and go.  It also teaches mom and dad how to deal with the frustration and stay positive.  I used it on my 5 year old nephew who lived with us and it worked within a week.  I know this is not a simple issue to overcome.  Hard on both of you, so sending (((HUGS))).

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM

DS (6) wears pull-on trainers (Tinkle Time pattern) when he has a tummy bug. I made him some mediums...maybe 2 years ago? And he's still in them. He's small for his age (3'8, ~45lbs) but still, since the pattern goes up to size 7 you may have some luck with that. They aren't as trim as disposable trainers, but they're closer to underwear so it's a fair trade.

Jeremmy
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM

If im remembering correctly, fishsticks designs has a pattern that goes to higher sizes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN