Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

How much do you usually sell your diapers for? I'm working on making my own pattern for pocket diapers and would like to sell them at a local consignment shop, but I'm clueless as to how much to charge for them? I spend I'd say about $7 or so per diaper on materials and I'd like to make a semidecent profit. There is literally no place in town that sells cloth diapers. The closest place I would think sells them (and they may not) is about 30 minutes away. I was thinking maybe $15/diaper or so? And maybe throwing together a start pack with a little bit of a discount, maybe 10 diapers for $125. I'm so clueless, but I'd really like to see some sort of profit.

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM
$15-$18
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassie2115
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM

So I am in the right ballpark.  I really had no idea. I haven't seen any advertisments in my area for cloth 

Quoting Sarita33:

$15-$18

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Alot depends on materials used and if a insert is included. Good luck with your pattern!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Diva on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

what she said. i would start a facebook page....getting testers or intro prices is a great way to get people interested! if you do, invite us :)

Cassie2115
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I'm not quite ready yet, I still need to get a snap pliers and all that before I can finish the diapers I plan to keep for my little one due next summer. I was just curious what to expect to be able to make in profit so the hubs won't think I'm completely nuts.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

what she said. i would start a facebook page....getting testers or intro prices is a great way to get people interested! if you do, invite us :)

Ellen.Keith
by Group Admin on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:33 PM
I sell mine for $18.00 for pockets. I find that I tend to just use selling them as an way to pay for my hobby of sewing them. It is a hobby that pretty much pays for itself and not much beyond that. ( at least for me)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I agree with Sarita33, it depends on the materials used and if you include an insert. I am selling my diapers for $16 right now, they are AI2's so they have the insert and I'm including shipping. I don't think I'm making anything on the diapers at this point :/ But I'm doing it at this price right now so that I can get a customer base. I haven't sold too many but the ones I have sold the people have come back and bought more so that is a good sign!

PeakMommy
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I didn't know you sell! Do you have a Facebook page?

Quoting Ellen.Keith:

I sell mine for $18.00 for pockets. I find that I tend to just use selling them as an way to pay for my hobby of sewing them. It is a hobby that pretty much pays for itself and not much beyond that. ( at least for me)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ellen.Keith
by Group Admin on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I tend to do mostly local sales so I dont push my sight and I am horrible about updating it. Shame on me ;/.
The address is: www.facebook.com/countrybumkins01

Quoting PeakMommy:

I didn't know you sell! Do you have a Facebook page?

Quoting Ellen.Keith:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)