Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you find...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 318 Total Views
Fabric from a certain year? I want to make stockings for next year but I wanted to use fabric from the year the kids were born. I tried to search fabric from 2000 and 2009 but I had a hard time finding fabric. Ideas on how to find older fabric.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM
maybe fabric manufacture date 2000. If you have a brand add that too. Other than that I am not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I'm not looking for anything in particular. Just from that year. I'm not in any hurry so I have time to look.

Quoting Sarita33:

maybe fabric manufacture date 2000. If you have a brand add that too. Other than that I am not sure.

perfect01
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Ask in this group and maybe even in the general discussion group for swaps from others stash?  I have a closet full of fabric.  I bet if I started looking, I would find stuff clear back to the 90's since that is when I started "collecting", lol!  I buy almost all of my fabric for crafting at our annual fabric store sale, so you can bet it has some stuff from 2009 in it.  But I don't think I have anything that is specifically Christmas print if that is what you are looking for.

PeakMommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I don't have any advice for you but I think thats an awesome idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Diva on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM

possibly look up "circa 2000" or some kind of wording like that..?

mjimaging
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:22 PM
I'm not thinking it has to be Christmassy. I did find grinch fabric from 2000. Reasonably priced, $20 for two yards but I wasn't ready to buy it just yet. We will see though.

Quoting perfect01:

Ask in this group and maybe even in the general discussion group for swaps from others stash?  I have a closet full of fabric.  I bet if I started looking, I would find stuff clear back to the 90's since that is when I started "collecting", lol!  I buy almost all of my fabric for crafting at our annual fabric store sale, so you can bet it has some stuff from 2009 in it.  But I don't think I have anything that is specifically Christmas print if that is what you are looking for.

mjimaging
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I'll try that, thanks for the tip.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

possibly look up "circa 2000" or some kind of wording like that..?

perfect01
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Man, I can't believe how expensive fabric is now.  I buy everything on sale from our local fabric shop and try to never pay more than $5 per yard.  If you find a print you like from the year you are looking for, go to e-bay, etsy and see if you can find that particular fabric at a less expensive price.

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM

What type of fabric are you looking for? Here are a couple from 2000, but I'd imagine the first (upholstery fabric) is not quite what you want. The second is cotton, but I'm not entirely sure it's FROM 2000, just for 2000.

http://www.architonic.com/pmsht/tonica-upholstery-fabric-kvadrat/1024222

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YEAR-2000-NEW-CENTURY-100-COTTON-FABRIC-PATRIOTIC-EMBLEM-MARCUS-BROS-/160794262973

As for 2009, I found a name for you - Riley Blake's "Be Merry Christmas" and "Just Dreamy" fabric lines are [supposedly] circa 2009. Perhaps you can find one of those. I'll look around more when I have a better idea of what you want =)

mjimaging
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Well, DD is the one from 2000 so kind of just girly fabric, doesn't have to be Christmassy. DS is 2009. Same thing, more boyish fabric but not necessarily Christmassy. I'm goin to check out your links now :)

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

What type of fabric are you looking for? Here are a couple from 2000, but I'd imagine the first (upholstery fabric) is not quite what you want. The second is cotton, but I'm not entirely sure it's FROM 2000, just for 2000.

http://www.architonic.com/pmsht/tonica-upholstery-fabric-kvadrat/1024222

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YEAR-2000-NEW-CENTURY-100-COTTON-FABRIC-PATRIOTIC-EMBLEM-MARCUS-BROS-/160794262973

As for 2009, I found a name for you - Riley Blake's "Be Merry Christmas" and "Just Dreamy" fabric lines are [supposedly] circa 2009. Perhaps you can find one of those. I'll look around more when I have a better idea of what you want =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN