Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fabric from a certain year? I want to make stockings for next year but I wanted to use fabric from the year the kids were born. I tried to search fabric from 2000 and 2009 but I had a hard time finding fabric. Ideas on how to find older fabric.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Replies (11-14):
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Oops...guess I was a bit vague. Is there a certain material you'd prefer? Cotton/poly, flannel/fleece, or does anything go?

Quoting mjimaging:

Well, DD is the one from 2000 so kind of just girly fabric, doesn't have to be Christmassy. DS is 2009. Same thing, more boyish fabric but not necessarily Christmassy. I'm goin to check out your links now :
mjimaging
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Probably cotton. For Christmas stockings.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Oops...guess I was a bit vague. Is there a certain material you'd prefer? Cotton/poly, flannel/fleece, or does anything go?

Quoting mjimaging:

Well, DD is the one from 2000 so kind of just girly fabric, doesn't have to be Christmassy. DS is 2009. Same thing, more boyish fabric but not necessarily Christmassy. I'm goin to check out your links now :

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Ours are velour so I wasn't really sure if that's what you had in mind or what.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Millennium-Cotton-Fabric-Yard-Year-2000-/280992530262
Another millenium fabric. Says they're open to questions.

Nobody seems to want to list years. GRR. My eyes are exhausted, so I'll resume the search tomorrow. I'll peek at my stash too; I seem to recall some selvedges being labelled by year so if I can figure out what brands do that, it may help.

mjimaging
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Thanks. Being mobile all the time makes it hard. I found one grinch fabric decently priced from 2000. I just have to decide if I want to spend the money, since it's two yards, right now.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Ours are velour so I wasn't really sure if that's what you had in mind or what.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Millennium-Cotton-Fabric-Yard-Year-2000-/280992530262
Another millenium fabric. Says they're open to questions.

Nobody seems to want to list years. GRR. My eyes are exhausted, so I'll resume the search tomorrow. I'll peek at my stash too; I seem to recall some selvedges being labelled by year so if I can figure out what brands do that, it may help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN