Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babyville pattern question

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

I have several years of seamstress experience, but it has always been with larger items like costumes and pagent clothing. I decided to put that training to good use and start sewing our cloth diaper stash. I got the Babyville Boutique cloth diaper book on referral from a friend. I found what I want to do, but I can't seem to mesh the two patterns together in my head. I'm probably overthinking it all, but I figured I would ask here first.

I want to make the pocket diaper with sham opening (page 36), but I want it to be a quick dry all in one (pg 41).

So, how do I do it? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Scribemommeg

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Well you would skip the pocket opening, and either attach one end of your soakers or make an ai2 with snap in soakers. Which you can leave attached just like an aio.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeremmy
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Or you can do the aio layers with a 2 sided pocket opening so that you can add extra absorbency as needed (openings at each end). Halfway through drying you can turn the diaper inside out through the pocket opening to help it dry faster.

perfect01
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Check out this video on YouTube for a concept of the Grasshopper quick dry AIO.  Maybe it will give you some ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlehTaOBOS0

sorry, can't make it clicky, just copy and paste in the address bar of your browser.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN