Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for newborn/small pattern

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 387 Total Views

I'd like to make some newborn diapers that will be trim but allow some room for growth. I would love to find something that is already converted, but if not a pattern for a small diaper that I can convert into a newborn-small myself.

I am licenced for La Di Da, but I don't want to have to worry about adding more snaps or length to the tabs.

My ideal weight range is from about 7-18 lbs. but anything up to 15 would be good.

Thanks in advance!

And I did check out the sticky but everything was either OS, newborn, or the links were not working.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Be right back......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My phone is dying so go to this blog (Arfy) and see if any of her newborn patterns are what you are looking for.

http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-11-08T23:25:00-08:00&max-results=3&start=9&by-date=false&m=0
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

The free pattern from Little Comet Tails (Tighty Whitey Hipster)  x-sm is for 7 to 15 lbs.  I made some recently with a single snap down to make them small enough for a tiny newborn (more along the size of the preemie pattern).  We love the trim fit and easy way of snapping this one.

notjstanothrmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Thank you both!

notjstanothrmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Could you possibly link me to that pattern? I have searched and I don't see it anywhere online for free.

Quoting perfect01:

The free pattern from Little Comet Tails (Tighty Whitey Hipster)  x-sm is for 7 to 15 lbs.  I made some recently with a single snap down to make them small enough for a tiny newborn (more along the size of the preemie pattern).  We love the trim fit and easy way of snapping this one.

perfect01
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure, let me look for it.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Could you possibly link me to that pattern? I have searched and I don't see it anywhere online for free.

Quoting perfect01:

perfect01
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM

http://samanthaliz.com/tightywhiteyhipsters.pdf

I got the sizing from her Little Starter pattern I bought.  I also use the gussets from the Little Starter pattern on the Tighty Whitey Hipster.

Quoting perfect01:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting perfect01:

Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I second the Arfy patterns.

This blog also has links and reviews to newborn patterns. Good resource. Sorry not clicky.

http://mamakatdiapers.blogspot.com/?m=1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:29 PM

More broken links? Oy. I'll try to get on top of that. Cloth Revolution NB is supposed to be 5-14lbs. Not exactly what you're looking for, but close.

notjstanothrmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Thank you! Did you print the newborn or small version?

Quoting perfect01:

http://samanthaliz.com/tightywhiteyhipsters.pdf

I got the sizing from her Little Starter pattern I bought.  I also use the gussets from the Little Starter pattern on the Tighty Whitey Hipster.

Quoting perfect01:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting perfect01:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)