Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

needles

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 194 Total Views

I know to use ball point needles but is there a specific size I should be using? I sew with PUL outer microfleece inner.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I have used all sizes without issue. Smaller is better but at the same time needs to be able to go through all layers no problem. I usually get a multipack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

that is what I've had was universal ball point but wasn't sure if a certain size was best.

Quoting Sarita33:

I have used all sizes without issue. Smaller is better but at the same time needs to be able to go through all layers no problem. I usually get a multipack.

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I know some of mine say 90/14, others are 80. I have them in a plastic needle holder so I don't have the package to look at. But I do think any will work.

Quoting .Angelica.:

that is what I've had was universal ball point but wasn't sure if a certain size was best.

Quoting Sarita33:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I buy mine at Joann's and if it is a package of ball point or jersy knit needles they are always 14.  I sew through 2 layers PUL for assembling the diaper, 4 layers for the topstitching and elastic casing areas of legs and back.  I always change needle and thread to a universal 16 sharp for making the inserts since if I don't, the 14 ballpoint often breaks.  I have never had a problem with leaking diapers from needle holes.  I just wash them on hot and dry them on hot for 30 mins.

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I have a serger now so my inserts are made on that :) lol thanks.I haven't had any issues but figured that since i need to buy more I would see if there was a specific size I should get.

Quoting perfect01:

I buy mine at Joann's and if it is a package of ball point or jersy knit needles they are always 14.  I sew through 2 layers PUL for assembling the diaper, 4 layers for the topstitching and elastic casing areas of legs and back.  I always change needle and thread to a universal 16 sharp for making the inserts since if I don't, the 14 ballpoint often breaks.  I have never had a problem with leaking diapers from needle holes.  I just wash them on hot and dry them on hot for 30 mins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN