Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

zipper question

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

This might be dumb, but what kind of zipper is best for a wet bag? I never really thought about it until I started looking to buy some and have no clue what material is best or if any of them work?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
perfect01
by Diva In Training on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I've made several wet bags of different sizes and I usually just use a regular dress/blouse zipper.  I don't use the metal ones because of how much they get washed, I don't want to worry about them getting cranky on closing.  I made a rather large bag recently and used a sport zipper with the bigger teeth.  They all worked well.  I always put a ribbon pull on the zipper.  Recently when making bows I saw a hint to keep the ribbon from unraveling - just run a lighter over the cut end to melt briefly.  Works wonderfully!

Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I buy the parka ones with the double zip because if I buy a long one I can get 2 bags out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by Diva In Training on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM

You're so clever!

Quoting Ma2Liam:

I buy the parka ones with the double zip because if I buy a long one I can get 2 bags out of it
Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Very rarely!

Quoting perfect01:

You're so clever!

Quoting Ma2Liam:

I buy the parka ones with the double zip because if I buy a long one I can get 2 bags out of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by Diva In Training on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Bwhaahahahahahaha!

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Very rarely!

Quoting perfect01:

You're so clever!

Quoting Ma2Liam:

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I would assume one with vinyl teeth, since metal could be prone to rusting. I believe vinyl teeth are also less likely to snag in the event that anything (perhaps a bit of PUL) got pinched while zipping.

JamiLou
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I have a draw string in mine. 

Jeremmy
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I used a regular all purpose one because thats what the tutorial i followed used lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)