Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This has probably been asked a million times...

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

Can you use Kam snaps with Babyville pliers? On the Kam website it says no, but of course it will say that because they want you to buy their pliers... But has anyone done it and does it work? I got the Babyville pliers for $8 and I don't want to buy anothe rpair, but I don't want to pay $8 for packages of the Babyville snaps either... 

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Yes they work, as long as you get same size snaps, size 20.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BostonMomma08
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Quoting Sarita33:

Yes they work, as long as you get same size snaps, size 20.

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM

yep. I use babyville pliers. I actually finally got a pair of kam pliers and they don't press the prong all the way down :( It makes me sad so even though I have both brands I use BV pliers with KAM snaps.

perfect01
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Hmmm, mine work fine from KAM snaps.  I won't buy BV snaps anymore, because even though they are cute, they break too easily.  Love KAM snaps.

Quoting .Angelica.:

yep. I use babyville pliers. I actually finally got a pair of kam pliers and they don't press the prong all the way down :( It makes me sad so even though I have both brands I use BV pliers with KAM snaps.

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Oh yeah, I will only use KAM snaps. But the pliers I got are defective. The two pieces that squish the prongs don't line up so it doesn't work right. Basically there isn't really anything I can do about it but buy another pair which I can't afford right now. I bought them through a co op. I was so excited to get them too. :(

Quoting perfect01:

Hmmm, mine work fine from KAM snaps.  I won't buy BV snaps anymore, because even though they are cute, they break too easily.  Love KAM snaps.

Quoting .Angelica.:

perfect01
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Oh, that sucks.

Quoting .Angelica.:

Oh yeah, I will only use KAM snaps. But the pliers I got are defective. The two pieces that squish the prongs don't line up so it doesn't work right. Basically there isn't really anything I can do about it but buy another pair which I can't afford right now. I bought them through a co op. I was so excited to get them too. :(

Quoting perfect01:

Quoting .Angelica.:

vegamatic
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I think even though you got them through a co-op...kam snaps stands by their product. They helped me when I was having trouble with mine, and I got mine on ebay

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Whoever ran the co-op should have asked for a replacement :(

Even so, you can just contact them, they have great customer service.

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting perfect01:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM
i did talk to them and talked to the co op person. There wasn't anything they could do.

Quoting Sarita33:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting perfect01:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM
That stinks.

Quoting .Angelica.:

i did talk to them and talked to the co op person. There wasn't anything they could do.

Quoting Sarita33:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting perfect01:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)