Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New born pockets

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 148 Total Views
Has anyone ever made new born pockets? I've tried but I just can't get insert in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I made a few and had the best luck with the sham style opening but even then it is so narrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supamomma02
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Hubby and I are ttc and I wanna make NBC diaper but he hates the aio and I haven't mastered the covers yet

Quoting Sarita33:

I made a few and had the best luck with the sham style opening but even then it is so narrow.
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Could you do Ai2? Just skip the pocket and add snaps to the insert so it snaps in. I would do that.

Quoting supamomma02:

Hubby and I are ttc and I wanna make NBC diaper but he hates the aio and I haven't mastered the covers yet

Quoting Sarita33:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Actually since newborns don't move that much I bet you could just use lay in soakers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supamomma02
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM
For it to be an ai2 do you have to do pul on the insert? I'm new to making other types of diaper. I just know pockets and aio.

I never thought to do them this way, thanks :)

Quoting Sarita33:

Actually since newborns don't move that much I bet you could just use lay in soakers.
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM
No, just pul on outside or hidden pul, same as a pocket. Just instead of stuffing the insert into a pocket, you either lay it in or snap it in.

Quoting supamomma02:

For it to be an ai2 do you have to do pul on the insert? I'm new to making other types of diaper. I just know pockets and aio.

Quoting Sarita33:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supamomma02
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Oh awesome thanks do much for your help!

Quoting supamomma02:

Quoting Sarita33:

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
You could also make the ai2 shell pul inner and outer so they could be reused but I don't like pul directly on skin and only use stay dry linings on everything so I am not much help there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeakMommy
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I am making most my NB stash pockets. I haven't had trouble stuffing them. You could definitely just do a lay in insert though! I'm stuffing my diapers with prefolds and I don't mind stuffing but if it ever becomes too much work I plan on just laying the prefolds in instead of stuffing lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)