Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nwborn insert question

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 333 Total Views

I have some super heavy OBF, how many layers would you use for a newborn diaper? I know that my OS diapers, my heavy wetter 12 month old does fine with 4 layers. I am just unsure about nb.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I wanna say 2 but honestly am not sure so bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

that is what i was thinking but really have no clue so i was checking. If i had a newborn to test it on I would just do that but these are to sell so i want it to be right. lol

Quoting Sarita33:

I wanna say 2 but honestly am not sure so bump!

perfect01
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Newborn I usually use 2 layers OBF and 1 layer zorb or 1 layer heavy MF.
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

do you think 2 layers of SHOBF would work?

Quoting perfect01:

PeakMommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I was going to say 2 also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM

What is SHOBF?  Is it the Hemp/bamboo fleece?  If so, yes, I have been using that a lot lately and I like the way it absorbs and is thinner.  But, it is more expensive.

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting perfect01:

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Super heavy OBF it is bamboo/cotton. 500gsm

http://www.etsy.com/listing/113529717/500-gsm-super-heavy-bamboo-organic

Quoting perfect01:

What is SHOBF?  Is it the Hemp/bamboo fleece?  If so, yes, I have been using that a lot lately and I like the way it absorbs and is thinner.  But, it is more expensive.

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting perfect01:

perfect01
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Okay, I can't reply with a quote because this site is sooo loaded with cookies it screws up my computer. Arg! Anyway, that would be like 17.637 ozs., so I don't know if it would hold as much as the 2 layers of 400 gsm (16 ozs) and the 1 layer zorb. I guess the only thing to do would be to test it.
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM

i'm not exactly sure how to figure out the absorption. lol but it says in the listing that the fabric is 26oz. maybe I'll try to figure out a test to do with the strips of the fabric before I sew them together. lol

Quoting perfect01:

Okay, I can't reply with a quote because this site is sooo loaded with cookies it screws up my computer. Arg! Anyway, that would be like 17.637 ozs., so I don't know if it would hold as much as the 2 layers of 400 gsm (16 ozs) and the 1 layer zorb. I guess the only thing to do would be to test it.

perfect01
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Well, the regular heavy bamboo fleece is 400 gsm which converts to 16 ozs.  So i just go to google and put in grams to ounces and it comes up with a calculator to convert.  I've honestly never heard of 500 gsm, but there are a lot of things I've never heard of, lol!

Quoting .Angelica.:

i'm not exactly sure how to figure out the absorption. lol but it says in the listing that the fabric is 26oz. maybe I'll try to figure out a test to do with the strips of the fabric before I sew them together. lol

Quoting perfect01:

ETA: I went to look up the 500 gsm stuff.  It is kind of pricey - $16 per meter?  Is that what you would be paying?  Did you see Kim's Co-op for the 16 oz made in Canada?  She is selling it for just over $10 a yard.  I think she is still looking to get an order of 3 more yard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)