Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have some super heavy OBF, how many layers would you use for a newborn diaper? I know that my OS diapers, my heavy wetter 12 month old does fine with 4 layers. I am just unsure about nb.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Replies (11-11):
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM

yeah it's pricey but my daughter pees out of everything so I was looking for something to hold her. She pees out of the 16oz obf with zorb all the time. she is doing pretty awesome with the 4 layers of the shobf. I just did a little experiement and two layers of the shobf absorbed only 2 1/2 ounces less than the bum genius insert for the OS diaper. I would say that is pretty good for a newborn right?

And the 500gsm is only sold at simplifi fabric.

Quoting perfect01:

Well, the regular heavy bamboo fleece is 400 gsm which converts to 16 ozs.  So i just go to google and put in grams to ounces and it comes up with a calculator to convert.  I've honestly never heard of 500 gsm, but there are a lot of things I've never heard of, lol!

Quoting .Angelica.:

i'm not exactly sure how to figure out the absorption. lol but it says in the listing that the fabric is 26oz. maybe I'll try to figure out a test to do with the strips of the fabric before I sew them together. lol

Quoting perfect01:

Okay, I can't reply with a quote because this site is sooo loaded with cookies it screws up my computer. Arg! Anyway, that would be like 17.637 ozs., so I don't know if it would hold as much as the 2 layers of 400 gsm (16 ozs) and the 1 layer zorb. I guess the only thing to do would be to test it.

ETA: I went to look up the 500 gsm stuff.  It is kind of pricey - $16 per meter?  Is that what you would be paying?  Did you see Kim's Co-op for the 16 oz made in Canada?  She is selling it for just over $10 a yard.  I think she is still looking to get an order of 3 more yard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)