Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AI2 OS pattern?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

Im new and my husband bought me a set of dowels and plyers for snaps so I can make my own diapers. I wanted to make a one size all in two style diaper and am having a hard time finding a pattern..I searched the group but am not finding anything. any help?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Just curious, what do you need a dowel for on your snaps? Are you going to use metal snaps or poly resin? There is a sticky post with references for all kinds of patterns on this forum (both free and for a fee). Hopefully that will help. Also, there are some great video tutorials on You Tube. I watched a bunch of them when I was just starting out.
perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Oh, and by the way, good luck making them, if I can be of help, let me know.  You're a super momma to do this for your little one!

Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Check out the diaper directory sticky on this forum. It has tons if different patterns. Also check out you tube for tutorials and feel free to ask questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jujubee12
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Quoting perfect01:

Just curious, what do you need a dowel for on your snaps? Are you going to use metal snaps or poly resin? There is a sticky post with references for all kinds of patterns on this forum (both free and for a fee). Hopefully that will help. Also, there are some great video tutorials on You Tube. I watched a bunch of them when I was just starting out.

I dont know, it just came with them *shrug* Its for the plastic standard size snaps. 

I dont know how to find the sticky posts.. I feel kind of stupid... :s

Jujubee12
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Quoting perfect01:

Oh, and by the way, good luck making them, if I can be of help, let me know.  You're a super momma to do this for your little one!

Thank you, I totally appreciate it! I hope I can make diapers as nice as yours someday for my little guy. :)

perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Just go to the beginning page - SEWING DIAPER DIVAS.  Then you will see a list of the forums just under the title "SEWING DIAPER DIVAS".  One is this forum, DIAPER AND SEWING DISCUSSION,  When you click on it , it will come up with all the sticky's first.

perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM

One of the things to know about sewing with PUL is it sometimes sticks as you are trying to feed it through the feed dogs on your machine.  You can get a teflon foot that helps, or a super slider for under the fabric on the throat of the machine.  I think there are some other solutions too, so if you have problems with that, ask here and other sewers will help.  I don't have a problem with my machine because it has a variable presser foot tension.

Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM
http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=10225&topic_id=11649669

I am mobile so not clicky but you can copy and paste for diaper directory.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jujubee12
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Quoting perfect01:

One of the things to know about sewing with PUL is it sometimes sticks as you are trying to feed it through the feed dogs on your machine.  You can get a teflon foot that helps, or a super slider for under the fabric on the throat of the machine.  I think there are some other solutions too, so if you have problems with that, ask here and other sewers will help.  I don't have a problem with my machine because it has a variable presser foot tension.

I didnt even think about how that would be. My machine is kind of cheap and it totally eats fabrics sometimes and it had a bit of issue with the PUL when I was fixing the elastic on my old fuzzybunz. Thank you for the advice!

Jujubee12
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Quoting Ma2Liam:

http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=10225&topic_id=11649669

I am mobile so not clicky but you can copy and paste for diaper directory.

thank you lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)