Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im new and my husband bought me a set of dowels and plyers for snaps so I can make my own diapers. I wanted to make a one size all in two style diaper and am having a hard time finding a pattern..I searched the group but am not finding anything. any help?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Replies (11-15):
perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Oh, and be sure to use a ball point (jersey knit) needle.  As with all knits, you want to use that type because it pushes the threads of the fabric aside instead of cutting them.  Allows the holes to reseal when you wash and dry the diapers after sewing.  I usually use a size 14 since I am going through 3 and 4 layers where the leg gussets are.

Quoting Jujubee12:

Quoting perfect01:

One of the things to know about sewing with PUL is it sometimes sticks as you are trying to feed it through the feed dogs on your machine.  You can get a teflon foot that helps, or a super slider for under the fabric on the throat of the machine.  I think there are some other solutions too, so if you have problems with that, ask here and other sewers will help.  I don't have a problem with my machine because it has a variable presser foot tension.

I didnt even think about how that would be. My machine is kind of cheap and it totally eats fabrics sometimes and it had a bit of issue with the PUL when I was fixing the elastic on my old fuzzybunz. Thank you for the advice!

Jujubee12
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM

You are awesome, seriously. thank you for the incredibly helpful tips.

Quoting perfect01:

Oh, and be sure to use a ball point (jersey knit) needle.  As with all knits, you want to use that type because it pushes the threads of the fabric aside instead of cutting them.  Allows the holes to reseal when you wash and dry the diapers after sewing.  I usually use a size 14 since I am going through 3 and 4 layers where the leg gussets are.

Quoting Jujubee12:

Quoting perfect01:

One of the things to know about sewing with PUL is it sometimes sticks as you are trying to feed it through the feed dogs on your machine.  You can get a teflon foot that helps, or a super slider for under the fabric on the throat of the machine.  I think there are some other solutions too, so if you have problems with that, ask here and other sewers will help.  I don't have a problem with my machine because it has a variable presser foot tension.

I didnt even think about how that would be. My machine is kind of cheap and it totally eats fabrics sometimes and it had a bit of issue with the PUL when I was fixing the elastic on my old fuzzybunz. Thank you for the advice!

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Also any aio or pocket pattern can be made into an AI2. So the pattern might not say "ai2" but It works just the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I found this site this morning looking for some other stuff and thought of you.  It has some good info about sewing with PUL.

http://www.sew4home.com/tips-resources/sewing-tips-tricks/quick-tip-working-pul-polyurethane-laminate

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

you can use pocket patterns to make an AI2, just sew the back closed and don't make a pocket :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN