Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help- i need info

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 275 Total Views
Is there a certain diaper pattern that works best for covers (for making your own)? For a os cover? And when would a os cover start to fit best? Is it better to do NB and small sized covers at first? Any links on making covers?
My pastors wife was wanting to make diapers for her daughter in law who is expecting in April and I told her I could help her. She checked out a pattern at.the store and said something about $13 for the pattern and she could only get 4 diapers out of a yard and they decided to just bag it. I said "no!! There are cheaper ways to cloth diaper/make them!" So arm me with information to convince her otherwise tonight! I told her I would have info for her tonight!
Please don't tell me to check out the stickies lol I already am. I want to know what works for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I like all of Arfy's patterns here.....

http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-11-08T23:25:00-08:00&max-results=3&start=9&by-date=false&m=0

She has a t&t cover and also a foe cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
All my kids are born with thunder thighs lol, so I was able to use OS right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeakMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I can't find a tutorial there (other than mama cloth lol) just a NB template?

Quoting Sarita33:

I like all of Arfy's patterns here.....

http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-11-08T23:25:00-08:00&max-results=3&start=9&by-date=false&m=0

She has a t&t cover and also a foe cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Hmmm..i copied the link to the page that had ALL her patterns listed but I guess mobile messes it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeakMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Okay, ill search on the computer later. Thanks!

Quoting Sarita33:

Hmmm..i copied the link to the page that had ALL her patterns listed but I guess mobile messes it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Here is her O/S Rountab I use for a wipe out interior T&T cover.  I add an extra row of snaps on the rise to make it fit the teeny ones, but it does make a lot of stuff on the front when in it's tiniest setting.  I prefer to use a NB diaper cover pattern with 1 row of snap downs on the rise to make it fit even the little preemies.  I use the Tighty Whitey Hipster for that.  I can get 4 diaper cuts from Arfy's O/S pattern out of a 22" cut of PUL by the yard (I usually buy 1 1/3 yard to be able to get 2 rows of diaper cuts.  Buy it on sale at Joann's or Hobby Lobby with a 50% off coupon.  So for $10.50 you get 4 two layer diaper covers.  Of course, I use snaps from Kamsnaps instead of the aplix from Babyville.  I do not use fold over elastic if I can help it on the O/S because it wicks moisture.

3 x 3 O/S Roundtab diaper

Here is a picture of the 2 types of covers I've been making.  I do add leg gussets to mine.

perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Here's her link to her patterns

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Thanks for the clicky, my phone doesn't like me sometimes lol

OP: Her OS t&t pattern is great, wide enough to fit over fitteds too.

Quoting perfect01:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I'll have to take a look at that!  There is also a video tutorial on You tube for making the O/S AI1 from this 3 x 3 pattern.  Very well done.

Quoting Sarita33:

Quoting perfect01:

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Arfy is awesome. She will even alter her pattern if you want something changed, that way you can just print it out instead of trying to change it on your own. Super sweet lady.

Quoting perfect01:

I'll have to take a look at that!  There is also a video tutorial on You tube for making the O/S AI1 from this 3 x 3 pattern.  Very well done.

Quoting Sarita33:

Quoting perfect01:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)