Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a certain diaper pattern that works best for covers (for making your own)? For a os cover? And when would a os cover start to fit best? Is it better to do NB and small sized covers at first? Any links on making covers?
My pastors wife was wanting to make diapers for her daughter in law who is expecting in April and I told her I could help her. She checked out a pattern at.the store and said something about $13 for the pattern and she could only get 4 diapers out of a yard and they decided to just bag it. I said "no!! There are cheaper ways to cloth diaper/make them!" So arm me with information to convince her otherwise tonight! I told her I would have info for her tonight!
Please don't tell me to check out the stickies lol I already am. I want to know what works for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Replies (11-13):
perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I know that I really like what I've used so far!  And I have been making some and giving away as a pay it forward for her supplying us such awesome free patterns.  I printed out the diaper cover pattern.  It is just exactly 1" wider, but it shows just one row of snaps, so I am going to use the template off the 3 x 3 roundtab snaps and it will be a new edition to my patterns.  I usually like the trimmer fit, but if I have someone who wants to cover fitteds I'll know I have to adjust a bit.

Quoting Sarita33:

Arfy is awesome. She will even alter her pattern if you want something changed, that way you can just print it out instead of trying to change it on your own. Super sweet lady.

Quoting perfect01:

I'll have to take a look at that!  There is also a video tutorial on You tube for making the O/S AI1 from this 3 x 3 pattern.  Very well done.

Quoting Sarita33:

Thanks for the clicky, my phone doesn't like me sometimes lol

OP: Her OS t&t pattern is great, wide enough to fit over fitteds too.

Quoting perfect01:

Here's her link to her patterns

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I actually thought about using the cover pattern's one row of snaps on the 3x3 roundwing. Think that would work? So the opposite of what you are going to do.

I made my swap diaper using her 3x3 round wing and really like it. All her patterns have pleased me.

Quoting perfect01:

I know that I really like what I've used so far!  And I have been making some and giving away as a pay it forward for her supplying us such awesome free patterns.  I printed out the diaper cover pattern.  It is just exactly 1" wider, but it shows just one row of snaps, so I am going to use the template off the 3 x 3 roundtab snaps and it will be a new edition to my patterns.  I usually like the trimmer fit, but if I have someone who wants to cover fitteds I'll know I have to adjust a bit.

Quoting Sarita33:

Arfy is awesome. She will even alter her pattern if you want something changed, that way you can just print it out instead of trying to change it on your own. Super sweet lady.

Quoting perfect01:

I'll have to take a look at that!  There is also a video tutorial on You tube for making the O/S AI1 from this 3 x 3 pattern.  Very well done.

Quoting Sarita33:

Quoting perfect01:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I don't like a single row of snaps because I hate not being able to adjust the leg better, but if the fit works for you I dont see why you couldn't use the single row.

Quoting Sarita33:

I actually thought about using the cover pattern's one row of snaps on the 3x3 roundwing. Think that would work? So the opposite of what you are going to do.

I made my swap diaper using her 3x3 round wing and really like it. All her patterns have pleased me.

Quoting perfect01:

Quoting Sarita33:

Quoting perfect01:

Quoting Sarita33:

Quoting perfect01:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN