Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Large diaper pattern?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 147 Total Views
Anyone know of a good Large diaper pattern I could make a pocket from? Melanie is starting to need bigger diapers and the only pattern I have is babyville which isn't the greatest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeakMommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I love the sproutsnap pattern but can't find it anymore. Let me look around tonight because I'm sure there's another one just like it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I heard the one*der snap was from the same maker but I thought it was a OS pattern?

Quoting PeakMommy:

I love the sproutsnap pattern but can't find it anymore. Let me look around tonight because I'm sure there's another one just like it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeakMommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I think that was the one. It is a os pattern but I made half of mine size large...just left the rise snaps off them. My girls have used them since Sydney was a year old and Kenzie can still fit them at 3 yrs old lol

Quoting Sarita33:

I heard the one*der snap was from the same maker but I thought it was a OS pattern?

Quoting PeakMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Yeah I haven't used rise snaps on her since she was 6 months so all are os without rise snaps, she is so tall and chunky thighed lol I can't even snap a nykibaby on her anymore and those were big.

Quoting PeakMommy:

I think that was the one. It is a os pattern but I made half of mine size large...just left the rise snaps off them. My girls have used them since Sydney was a year old and Kenzie can still fit them at 3 yrs old lol

Quoting Sarita33:

Quoting PeakMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeakMommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh. Idk then. This is the biggest pattern of any of my diapers but I don't have other patterns to compare them to personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM

What size are you looking for?  I mean, how big is your Melanie?  The Tighty Whitey Hipster freebie goes to an extra-large for 35+ lbs. and I just measured my pattern.  The length is 19 1/2" so 19" finished and the waist at the larger snap setting (snapped) is 24".  It is a hip snapping pattern and for older kids works great according to my neice who used the size medium on her 3 year old.  She liked the way with her being an active toddler it didn't bind, looked trim and was easy to put on.

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:51 PM
That's the thing, she is only 26lbs but it seems to be all in her waist and butt. For example, in a bg 4.0 pockey she uses it completely open (no rise snaps), and is on the last snap on each side. I tried hip snaps but didn't really like them but that might be my only option. Maybe I should try it again, it was awhile ago. Do you have a pic of the tighty whitey hipster front view?

The babyville size large fits her well size wise but I thought there might be another pattern I could try.

Quoting perfect01:

What size are you looking for?  I mean, how big is your Melanie?  The Tighty Whitey Hipster freebie goes to an extra-large for 35+ lbs. and I just measured my pattern.  The length is 19 1/2" so 19" finished and the waist at the larger snap setting (snapped) is 24".  It is a hip snapping pattern and for older kids works great according to my neice who used the size medium on her 3 year old.  She liked the way with her being an active toddler it didn't bind, looked trim and was easy to put on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM

My pictures are booty shots, but here is a post another mom made on her in 2010.  I also did a google search on Tighty Whitey Hipster picture and found more.  I made one hip snapping diaper and didn't realize it snapped toward the back.  I really did not like that one!  Our little one is just now 19 lbs, 12 mos. and she is still wearing the size small, but we use them as an AI2 with a peanut shaped insert, so they have a bit more room.  They are big enough in the legs and around the hip hugger waist, but are getting a bit short in the rise so her little butt crack shows if I don't make sure it is pulled up in the back.  So, I'm getting ready to start making her some mediums.

Tighty Whitey Hipster

Quoting Sarita33:

That's the thing, she is only 26lbs but it seems to be all in her waist and butt. For example, in a bg 4.0 pockey she uses it completely open (no rise snaps), and is on the last snap on each side. I tried hip snaps but didn't really like them but that might be my only option. Maybe I should try it again, it was awhile ago. Do you have a pic of the tighty whitey hipster front view?

The babyville size large fits her well size wise but I thought there might be another pattern I could try.

Quoting perfect01:

Hannahsmommy816
by Diva on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Rita's Rump is a good free pattern.....the tabs are a lil short so you'd have to extend it, but i think it's generally a large size!

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Both Sprout and Oneder were from the same maker and OS. I used both on DS and only added the snaps he needed. Oneder had a rather large wing span, which I loved. Sadly, the entire doddlebee website has been down for a while; I don't foresee it ever going back up =(

Quoting Sarita33:

Quoting PeakMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)