Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi there

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 121 Total Views

I am new to this group and it was recommended to me because I want to start making my own cloth diapers, but it looks like a lot goes into it, so I figured I should talk to some experts.  Where should I start?  I like the diapers that grow with your baby, the ones with snaps on them, but who knows, maybe they are out of me league right now.  Any advice?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome :)
I started sewing just to make cloth diapers and quickly caught on. I watched several youtube videos and also googled how to sew cloth diapers.

In here we have a few tutorials and links to several patterns in the sticky links on the main page.

I found it to be easy just VERY time consuming at first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I am with Sarita33. that is exactly what I did, /i started out doing one size pockets. snaps I think are much easier than velcro.

perfect01
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I can't stress enough how helpful the YouTube videos are.  I just kept putting in YouTube searches like "make my own diapers", "how to make an AI2 diaper" "how to make a diaper cover", that kind of thing and when I would find one that looked interesting I would watch it.  It gave me a ton of confidence to make the diapers myself.  Of course, I had lots of sewing experience before that, but I felt totally lost starting on diapers, so I think it would work for even a novice seamstress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN