Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, which one is better?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 147 Total Views

Poll

Question: Which would you choose?

Options:

Brother CS6000i Advance

SINGER 7256 Fashion Mate

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

So I mentioned before that I was planning on making cloth diapers, but I need a sewing machine of my own.  I found these two on sale for a good price.  The Brother is on sale for $150 and the Singer is on sale for $140.  The Singer has 70 stich settings and the Brother only has 60, but the brother has a hard case that comes with it, but the Singer does not.  I will be sewing cloth diapers, cloth wipes, ring slings, and who knows maybe some new crafts I find

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Adams_Rib
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I don't know much about either model, but I'm not sold on singer machines so I personally would go with the brother. I have a phaff 7570 and I think it's somewhere around 500 built in stictches and all I use is the straight and zig zag to make baby items. Hope that helps :)

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard a few times that Singer was purchased by another company at some point, and that company has sort of been riding on the good name Singer had built up for itself. I've also heard several times that Brother machines are usually a great quality for their price. I've never used/purchased either so I have no personal experience there. I'm a fan of the older machines; those things were built to last! I would recommend googling reviews for each one and reading everything you can find on them. They appear to be similarly rated, so you should look at the pros and cons listed for each and judge based on that. Be sure to look specifically at the poor reviews (<3*) and what their complaints were.

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I would go with Brother. I have heard excellent things about that machine and Brothers in general.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)