Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

G diaper pouch

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 193 Total Views

I want to try some mock gdiapers so I can use some of my cute fabric. however instead of buying the waterproof pouches I want to make some out of pul and FOE. What is the shape of the pouch is it just an oval or is it more like a fitted sheet?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ma2Liam
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM
More like a fitted sheet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ma2Liam
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I guess I should add it is like they take the cover pattern, but a little smaller, without the wings and sew the elastic around it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monalisasus
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM

thanks. A fitted sheet has the squares cut out to make deep corners so I think I will try the way you said.

kansasrtamy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Im using the babyville boutique version..basically the same patterns.  It says to add two inches to the crotch width then the other direction is the length of diaper.  I have only made newborns and working on Smalls right now.  But we have made about 8 boats(thats what my mother and I call them :) Hope that helps some!?!

PeakMommy
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:39 AM
There's a gdiaper tutorial here http://www.cafemom.com/group/10225/forums/read/9491597/gDiaper_Sewing_Tutorial
But I'm not sure if.that's what you are looking.for because I'm mobile so I didn't watch it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monalisasus
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM

so is a a rectangle or an oval? or is it literally the shape of the diaper but added crotch with?

Quoting kansasrtamy:

Im using the babyville boutique version..basically the same patterns.  It says to add two inches to the crotch width then the other direction is the length of diaper.  I have only made newborns and working on Smalls right now.  But we have made about 8 boats(thats what my mother and I call them :) Hope that helps some!?!

monalisasus
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Do you add elastic to leg bands or just use knit

Quoting kansasrtamy:

kansasrtamy
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Its more like a rectangle when all cut out.

kansasrtamy
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM

We use FOE.  Its so easy.

monalisasus
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM

for the pouch right? I like FOE and I think gdiapers seem much easier than pockets I have been making.

Quoting kansasrtamy:

We use FOE.  Its so easy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)