Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hello ladies! I am new to the group and have been sewing my own cloth diapers for just a few weeks....can I get some input from some of the more experience sewing mamas?

1. What materials do you use for the layers of your diaper? (fleece, minky, PUL, sooo many to choose from it's getting confusing!)

2. Do you prefer making AIOs, pockets, covers?

THANK YOU! excited to get some good tips and show off my progress soon!

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Replies (11-11):
Ellen.Keith
by Group Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Now with the OBF I do a layer of minky to be against the skin the the layers of OBF.

For inserts that I use microfiber I sandwich it I between minky or micro fleece... So than none of the microfiber is exposed..... For pockets it is extra work, but I want to be able to use them as lay in soakers in other diapers also.

Quoting kimbotspot:

so for your inserts, you use OBF covered by microfleece or minky?

Quoting Ellen.Keith:

I like making pockets and AI2. I use minky outer with hidden PUL and minky again for the inside.

For me the big thing that makes pockets easier is you do not have to put as much work into the inserts..... You can just shove microfiber in there and not have to worry about causing problems from touching the skin. However since i use my inserts on various diapers at various times I make sure to keep the microfiber in between micro fleece and/ or minky. Now that I am adding more OBF insets it is not that big of a deal to me.

I love my AI2 because they are so much trimmer.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN