Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prewashing Zorb - dun dun dun!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 151 Total Views
Just curious - does anyone have a FIRSTHAND experience of Zorb falling apart if not sandwiched? I received a tester fitted last year whose insert's zorb was not sandwiched. It's been washed a ton and yet, while pilly, it has stayed together just fine. I've heard from the beginning "don't prewash Zorb, it will fall apart!" but have yet to see it. Anyone else?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Hannahsmommy816
by Diva on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Nope. I had to prewash Zorb when we had a flood, just got a lil pilly. Also i made an insert once and didnt sandwich it, same thing, a lil pilly but didnt fall apart.

where does it say it would fall apart?

kameka
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That's the common wisdom - everyone knows it will fall apart if you wash it separately. To date I've only found one person who said their's fell apart and I'm not totally convinced it did. I'm just curious if it's actually true or just something that's been passed down. I know Wazoodle says it should be sandwiched but I think that's because it shouldn't touch skin and it compresses like crazy.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Nope. I had to prewash Zorb when we had a flood, just got a lil pilly. Also i made an insert once and didnt sandwich it, same thing, a lil pilly but didnt fall apart.

where does it say it would fall apart?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)