Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

newborns

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

hi ladies! i have been a sewing machine and have made a ton of diapers for my 15 months old all this week! i made a few hybrid fitteds as well as some pockets...

i am due in about 8 weeks and am going to start making newborns this week..what type did everyone find the best for newborns?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PeakMommy
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Most people say prefolds and covers. I haven't cd'd a newborn yet but I'm building my stash for June. I made mostly pockets at first and figured if I didn't want to stuff.them.I could just lay a prefold in them lol. I have foumd the hybrid fitted love though and that's all I'm making now and probably half my stash will be fitteds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supamomma02
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I have never cd a newborn. I'm starting my stash and so far I have made pockets. I want to get newborn prefolds and try those also
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I didn't like prefolds.  Too bulky and not the absorbancy I wanted even after several washes.  I really liked having AIO's at the very first, then the NB AI2's with snap in inserts and wipe out interiors.

Ellen.Keith
by Group Admin on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I used the tiny g diapers durring the newborn phase they are basically covers and inserts. I also made a few ai2 and them fitted. The fitted and tiny G's worked the best for me.
.Angelica.
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I have never used cloth on a newborn but I make ai2s and my friend said she loved it. And she normally doesn't like ai2s.
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I like fitteds or AI2. I would love pockets but they are just too hard to stuff in newborn sizes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimbotspot
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM

could i stuff newborn pockets with newborn sized prefolds or flats?

Adams_Rib
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I found newborn pockets hard to stuff because they are so small. It's hard to get your hand in there. We are going with fitted and AI2 this time around. 

wittey
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I used and loved trimsies pattern pockets but ended up just laying  inserts in and then with yds i did fitteds snappi'd and covers/ upcycled wool was easier i hade made the bigger nb ddu one but he came premie and they didnt fit for awhile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN