Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I made a Flipper type Cover!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 171 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I just bought some used Flip covers, but while I was waiting for them to come, I thought I would try to make a cover like that, but with my beloved leg gussets.  I cut out my favorite sized pattern, figured out how much of the top and bottom I wanted to cut and cut two 1 1/2" strips (on the stretch) for binding the leg openings.  I sewed the binding and the leg gusset with right sides together onto the leg opening.  Then I tacked the elastic to the leg opening top and bottom, turned the binding to the inside, turned in the raw edge, pulled the elastic back into the seam edge and stitched down the binding.  Then I turned and topstitched the open edge of the upper and lower inside pieces.  With right sides together I stitched the top and bottom inner pocket onto the diaper outer, added the elastic to the front and back, turned right side out and topstitched the diaper.  Of course, I had added the front snaps before I stitched it on and added the hip snaps when finished.  I added a single snap to the center of the back because I use snap in inserts in my diapers.  I'm excited to use this one.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wittey
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Swwet! you can do that with any pattern you like just cut from elastic point across wings and tummy :) I have a tut showing how to do it to an patern http://www.witteybums.blogspot.com/ plus some free patterns

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I LOVE that print! And of course as always you made it awesome :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I remember you! OMGEE, I have been looking EVERYWHERE for your pattern / blog but couldn't remember the name. I had it bookmarked but lost it when my phone messed up. I am super thrilled!

Quoting wittey:

Swwet! you can do that with any pattern you like just cut from elastic point across wings and tummy :) I have a tut showing how to do it to an patern http://www.witteybums.blogspot.com/ plus some free patterns

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittey
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

:blush: lol yeah I disappeared for awhile busy with my then premie and family I aways dropped in but never replied and now am back full force and buildn up he blog and youtub channel getting eveything in one spot I'm almost completely finised digitizing the pipeleg longies, boar shorts, cari's shorties pattern and my a new hip snapping all sizes one is next up halfway loaeded. I just uploaded 2 new video's on sewing a full pocket tut and foe bound flip syle diaper tha shows how to end foe easily and pretty :) and am loading how to serge square corners sometime today hopefully if my lo's let me lol ds is leaarning how to walk and into everything and big sissy {1yr 2 days older} is helpful  well to him opening cuboards for him. I'm glad to be back

wittey
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

she is right it is a realy cute print!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN