Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need input on sergers *edited with new list of sergers

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 174 Total Views

I'm going to try and get one locally if I can. The ones I like the best, without messing with them, are a used husqvarna huskylock 936 for 450 and a new pfaff coverlock 3.0 for 1099

I'm borrowing a serger from a friend and I think she'll be wanting it back soon. I found these on amazon, sorry I don't know how to make it a clicky, anybody know anything about them. I'd appreciate any other options too. Thanks.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I don't know anything about either of those except they are good brands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittey
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM

best surger for price hands down is the brother 1034 d It;s the most common serger used by cloth diaper sewing mama's I have it and love it plus you can get it off amazon for around 200 bucks with quick shipping :)well shoot here's one on ebay for 140.00 thats sweet!

And I had that janome and it didnt serge though what I was using which was zorbII it would only serge 1 layer I traded i in for my brother 1034D That des 2 layr diamond zorbII orginal with  layr hemp fench terry cuts it like BUTTER lol

meg8
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
That's what I've seen too. Good to know it can go through so many layers

Quoting wittey:

best surger for price hands down is the brother 1034 d It;s the most common serger used by cloth diaper sewing mama's I have it and love it plus you can get it off amazon for around 200 bucks with quick shipping :)well shoot here's one on ebay for 140.00 thats sweet!

And I had that janome and it didnt serge though what I was using which was zorbII it would only serge 1 layer I traded i in for my brother 1034D That des 2 layr diamond zorbII orginal with  layr hemp fench terry cuts it like BUTTER lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wittey
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I couldn't live without mine :) I also have a 1980's singer and this puts it to shame

Adams_Rib
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I have the huskylock s21 that I really like! My MIL (who helped my DH purchase it) taught serger lessons for many years and she now wants to get herself one because it's a great machine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)