Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

super squishy fitteds?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

So i would like to sew some of these super squishy soft fitteds like everyone is paying billions of dollars for right now. honestly, i just want to sew some diapers but since i dont do this for money and my girls are set i was thinking id like to make my very first little nephew some diapers :) but my sister is all into the fitted craze. she cant afford the ones she is loving, they are typicall $30 and up so i was playing with one of the ones a friend brought to a local cd get together and was thinking i could totally make that. 

tell me if im on track here because im not a fabric expert.

seems as if most of them are some sort of jersy or cotton knit or double knit outer and hers were velour inner but there had to be something in between because the diaper itself minus the inserts was pretty thick. whats your guess? it had snap in soakers and they were velour on top and then the knit print on bottom but again it felt like there was something sandwhiched in between... i know it wasnt zorb because thta has a distinct feel.

would love your opinions on this ladies! thanks so much!

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeakMommy
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Mine have anti-pill fleece in between and then the Soakers are obf in between. Super squishy! And I can't stop making them and I'm going to have too many LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrobin
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Organic bamboo fleece Probably.

If It' Antipill IT Is Considered A Hybrid, ButThose Are Even Better, Imo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Yup, Either OBF or poly fleece if it is hybrid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittey
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

and use knit interlock it holds up better than jersey or use old tshirts {man style not the thin girly ones:} you can get cute prints

Mine I sell and make 2 different kinds but the "fluffy one" is interlock outer hidden antipill fleece {dont use blizzard it thins and becomes pointless after 5 washes} inside cotton velour then the inserts are 2 bamboo french terry strech and 1hemp french terry  3 of those and they'll hold my super soakers all night with wool cover,

the other kind I make and loooove are knit interlock outer hidden hemp french terry andbamboo strech french terry inner these stay soft forever and are super strechy so are worn longer, my cotton velour gets hard after 6ish month use  I think it was from the water softner going out but I'm still trying to get them soft again as they leave chaff marks on my lo's thighs ;(

monalisasus
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM

never heard of these..does anyone have a photo or link?

carolyntx
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM
We're talking goodmama type fitteds... There are a billion others but shes the most popular I know of

Quoting monalisasus:

never heard of these..does anyone have a photo or link?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittey
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM

oh those I have 2 used to have 6 but sold the others as They realy didn't hold ydd overnight  and I didn't like the snaps being on dd's skin exsposed .The rise is fold over

they are 1 layer knit outside hidden hemp and inside organic bamboo velour which balds and looses it's absorbancy quick especiaily if you have hard water I bought mine second hand at 28 dollars a pop

your  better off doing a knit outer and 2 layers of hemp or bamboo strretch terry or fleece  

here is one off hyenacarts spot corner

kameka
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I've not had that problem with blizzard fleece at all.

Quoting wittey:

and use knit interlock it holds up better than jersey or use old tshirts {man style not the thin girly ones:} you can get cute prints

Mine I sell and make 2 different kinds but the "fluffy one" is interlock outer hidden antipill fleece {dont use blizzard it thins and becomes pointless after 5 washes} inside cotton velour then the inserts are 2 bamboo french terry strech and 1hemp french terry  3 of those and they'll hold my super soakers all night with wool cover,

the other kind I make and loooove are knit interlock outer hidden hemp french terry andbamboo strech french terry inner these stay soft forever and are super strechy so are worn longer, my cotton velour gets hard after 6ish month use  I think it was from the water softner going out but I'm still trying to get them soft again as they leave chaff marks on my lo's thighs ;(

wittey
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Quoting kameka:

Quoting wittey:

I tested them with my soft water and 3 others hard water same routine same detergent for the different testings different temp of water and they all thinned and pilled and after 8-10 washes depending on temp and water they did not block liquid but actually let it thru like a stay dry effect almost the same as baldingon bamboo velour des and it was differnt types of blizzard fleece

The anti-pill stayed thick and did not let liquid thru nor did it thin out or pill,

Adding 2 layers of blizzard fleece did improve break down but at that point was kinda overkill

kameka
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Hrm, definitely something to look in to - thanks!

Quoting wittey:

Quoting kameka:

Quoting wittey:

I tested them with my soft water and 3 others hard water same routine same detergent for the different testings different temp of water and they all thinned and pilled and after 8-10 washes depending on temp and water they did not block liquid but actually let it thru like a stay dry effect almost the same as baldingon bamboo velour des and it was differnt types of blizzard fleece

The anti-pill stayed thick and did not let liquid thru nor did it thin out or pill,

Adding 2 layers of blizzard fleece did improve break down but at that point was kinda overkill

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN