Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Darling diapers pattern question

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 176 Total Views

I'm decent at sewing if the instructions are somewhat simple or there is a cut out guide. While this pattern seems to be a great one I'm ready to pull my hair out and I've only printed the dang thing out!

So, I'm asking here before I email the pattern maker and bug her.... Am I supposed to tape the stupid pattern together to make one big pattern piece then cut my fabric out? It's 4 piece, front right, front left, back right, back left, and then a middle seam to join the back and front pieces.. I know I could take a left/right piece and cut on the fold then sew the back and front together and have a middle seam. This seems to be what a lot of wahm's do with a hidden pul/waterproof layer, right?...OR I can tape all the pieces together to form one large piece and I only have 1 piece of fabric vs 4 piece with 3 seams (which would probably work if I wanted a patchwork style diaper).

I have an enormous stash of fabric so I'm not overly concerned with waste but my time is precious and I can only sit and pin/cut for so long before my back aches from my growing belly.

So did that make sense? Basically how am I supposed to form this pattern to make the best use of my time/fabric?

pregnancy

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM
You cut it out and tape it together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittey
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM

you can print all 4 and then tape together for a full piece of pattern or you can print only half and lay it on the fold of your fabric to get the full piece

no wahms dont have a seam down the middle of diapers the only time you will have a seam going thru the diaper is if you have embelished wings or a "patch diaper"or a wing to wing

ballerina.2006
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I knew I was over thinking it. Darn head cold ;)

Quoting Ma2Liam:

You cut it out and tape it together.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Thank you! I was pretty sure I was over thinking it :)

Quoting wittey:

you can print all 4 and then tape together for a full piece of pattern or you can print only half and lay it on the fold of your fabric to get the full piece

no wahms dont have a seam down the middle of diapers the only time you will have a seam going thru the diaper is if you have embelished wings or a "patch diaper"or a wing to wing

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)