Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

finishing an ai2 shell....

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 123 Total Views
This might be a dumb question, but when I close up the hole left to turn the diaper it creates a flap type thing. I usually only leave a small hole so its never been an issue but I noticed one of the diapers I just did both layers didn't catch. How do I fix this? I was thinking of using that liquid thread stuff and sealing them shut but not sure if that would work..

Hopefully that all made sense. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I'm not sure about that stuff since I have never used it. Maybe you need to use a bigger seam allowance to have more to tuck under. I haven't had any problems with the turning hole so I am not much help sorry.
I would restitch if I could.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perfect01
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM

You should pick out your stitches where it didn't catch, tuck both seam allowances in where they need to be and re-top stitch the area catching both.  On my AI2's I top stitch just 1/8" away from the edge so it doesn't look open on the turn hole, but matches the rest of the top stitching.  I can be a slippery slope some days because the PUL is stubborn about turning under.  The thread sealer won't hold the seam.  I've never tried Steam a Seam on the PUL to hold it until I stitch it.  I am afraid of melting the PUL with the iron.

perfect01
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Update about using an iron on PUL - I read today you can use an iron on the fabric side, but not on the PUL side, so the way I make wipe out interior, I can't use steam a seam, but if you are using it on the inside as a hidden layer, you could, KWIM?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)