Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Testing absorbancy

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

Is there a good way to test absorbancy on diapers before baby uses them? I prewashed my material at least twice prior to starting my cutting and sewing. Now I have a few newbs sewn up and the question arose of how do I know if they'll be absorbant enough (internal soaker).

Should I just pour like a 1/2 cup of water on it and see how it reacts? Do I do nothing and just hope for the best once baby arrives? lol How did you guys figure out absorbancy when you first started making diapers?

pregnancy

by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on May. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
If you do it that way you also need to add pressure so it can soak in, just pouring it on won't work. Just incase you didn't know.

I asked people how they layered their inserts and I also checked out etsy and hyena cart listings to see the description of the soaker for the diaper.

What did you use?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I didn't think to use pressure.

I'm just using flannel right now. I have other diapers that are made using flannel that have held up very well. I figure I can layer with prefolds or buy wahm soakers if needed.

Quoting Sarita33:

If you do it that way you also need to add pressure so it can soak in, just pouring it on won't work. Just incase you didn't know.

I asked people how they layered their inserts and I also checked out etsy and hyena cart listings to see the description of the soaker for the diaper.

What did you use?

.Angelica.
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this

this is a nifty little calculator :)

http://www.wazoodle.com/calculators/calc_soakers.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN