Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help!!!

Posted by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 302 Total Views

Mobile Photo

Ok, I got a pattern, had dhs gma help with sewing and elastic.... But idk how to fix this....

Back pic in replies!
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
07lilmama1108
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Mobile Photo

Is it just to big??
Sarita33
by Group Owner on May. 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
What pattern? And it looks like too much elastic was used or it wasn't sewn properly. I am off to the dentist, getting 2 teeth pulled yuck, but if I am okay after I will come back to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on May. 30, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I would also say it looks too big and the leg elastic maybe not tight enough. Which pattern?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
07lilmama1108
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I was wondering if it just needs tighter elastic... It's the babyville pattern.... We cut out 6 big patterns and 2 newborn. But that needs to be "improved" on a little. We made 2, so I can adjust the rest. Thinking I'll take the elastic out and try making it tighter... It's a pocket diaper, I put more snaps on it than the pattern called for to adjust. I think I need to make out a small as I can too. But I'm having to "scrape" the extra plastic out of the snaps to get them to work!

Quoting Sarita33:

What pattern? And it looks like too much elastic was used or it wasn't sewn properly. I am off to the dentist, getting 2 teeth pulled yuck, but if I am okay after I will come back to help.
07lilmama1108
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Babyville pattern. I let gma do elastic while I worked and am thinking I'll redo it.

Quoting Ma2Liam:

I would also say it looks too big and the leg elastic maybe not tight enough. Which pattern?
Sarita33
by Group Owner on May. 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
When I sew the babyville pattern in size Large I use 6" for both leg and back elastic. Make sure you cut the pattern out accurately and are sewing with a 3/8" seam allowance. Gotta go but I will check back later.

Quoting 07lilmama1108:

I was wondering if it just needs tighter elastic... It's the babyville pattern.... We cut out 6 big patterns and 2 newborn. But that needs to be "improved" on a little. We made 2, so I can adjust the rest. Thinking I'll take the elastic out and try making it tighter... It's a pocket diaper, I put more snaps on it than the pattern called for to adjust. I think I need to make out a small as I can too. But I'm having to "scrape" the extra plastic out of the snaps to get them to work!

Quoting Sarita33:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on May. 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think he would not be big enough for large. As "Sarita" says 6 inches for a large diaper is about standard for legs. Also make sure if you are encasing around it you don't accidentally catch it while sewing the casing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
07lilmama1108
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM
You're awesome!! Thank you!! I'll redo the elastic..

Hope your appt goes well!!

Quoting Sarita33:

When I sew the babyville pattern in size Large I use 6" for both leg and back elastic. Make sure you cut the pattern out accurately and are sewing with a 3/8" seam allowance. Gotta go but I will check back later.

Quoting 07lilmama1108:

Quoting Sarita33:

07lilmama1108
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM
My thought was to be able to size it a little smaller. He's 27 lbs now and in all his other dipes he is on the largest setting and size (fuzzibuns and flips). Idk....

Quoting Ma2Liam:

I would think he would not be big enough for large. As "Sarita" says 6 inches for a large diaper is about standard for legs. Also make sure if you are encasing around it you don't accidentally catch it while sewing the casing.
Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on May. 30, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that OS diapers usually run slightly more trim than sized so that they are not huge on smaller babies. If you are sewing sized they tend to be a fuller cut. He has what looks like a saggy booty so you need to get something smaller. Many medium patterns are sized to 25 pounds so he would be close.
That being said I have not used the babyville pattern so I can't say how that one fits for sure.

Quoting 07lilmama1108:

My thought was to be able to size it a little smaller. He's 27 lbs now and in all his other dipes he is on the largest setting and size (fuzzibuns and flips). Idk....

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)