Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper layers, what do you think

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 221 Total Views
So I want to start my stash of mediums and was thinking of making a pocket hybrid fitted since I don't make inserts and I just stuff with prefolds. I bought some obf and some cv and was thinking of doing inner layer suede cloth or cv then obf, with my outer layers of the fleece and either all cotton outer or half cotton half Minky. So I would have suede cloth, obf, prefold, fleece, cotton. Do you think it would work to hold a fair amount before wicking? Do you think it would be super bulky?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Lol ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Sorry Liam jumped on me and I hit post. I fixed it.

Quoting Sarita33:

Lol ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I do think It would be bulky with obf and fleece. I think if you omit the obf, the fleece will do a better job repelling. Where with the obf the wetness will spread out more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Yeah, I wanted to add more pee soaking power but I see what you are saying with the obf spreading the pee more.

Quoting Sarita33:

I do think It would be bulky with obf and fleece. I think if you omit the obf, the fleece will do a better job repelling. Where with the obf the wetness will spread out more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I did too and I made 2 like that and they wick to the outer as if there wasn't any fleece. The others with just fleece don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)