Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diaper cover question

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

I am trying to make some diaper covers and I have a question.

I have never made a diaper cover and I really do not want to use FOE, has anyone ever made a cover using 2 layers of pul?  I am having a really hard time deciding what kind of diapers to use.

I am 4 months pregnant with my 4th child and I

this will be my first time using cloth on a newborn.  I have already made 13 pockets, but I have a hard time stuffing the pockets, so I decided to try to do the cover and prefold method.  I am up for lots of advice.  Please and Thank you!

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM
All of my covers are 2 layers of pul. Some that I got from a wahm, the leg elastic is not encased, but all the ones I have made I encase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supamomma02
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Quoting Sarita33:

All of my covers are 2 layers of pul. Some that I got from a wahm, the leg elastic is not encased, but all the ones I have made I encase.

This makes me happy knowing someone else has it with 2 layers.  I was a bit worried that it may be to much pul on the baby bum and wasn't sure if it would cause an irritant. 

Thank you so much!!!

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't had any irritation or anything. Some I have had 2 years and they are still going strong.

Quoting supamomma02:

Quoting Sarita33:

This makes me happy knowing someone else has it with 2 layers.  I was a bit worried that it may be to much pul on the baby bum and wasn't sure if it would cause an irritant. 

Thank you so much!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ellen.Keith
by Group Admin on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I like to do two pieces of PUL. For me it is just easier to make them that way.

perfect01
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I make mine with 2 layers of PUL and leg gussets.  They are turned and topstitched.  I love that they are bullet proof.  I also make the same pattern into Ai2's simply by adding snaps at the back center & 2 at the crotch to keep the inserts from shifting.  Super easy to use and wipe out.

KendraCay
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I make my covers half minky half cotton or knit outer, and pul inner. Turned and top stitched. :)
supamomma02
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I appreciate all this help. Thank you so much :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)