Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Patterns

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 233 Total Views

Hi all,

I have just begun making diapers no plan to sell anytime in the next year. I want to take time and get to know the business and make the best diapers I can I'm planning to apply for a business license at the end of this year and try to run testers of them at that time but i'm not sure if i'll even be ready for testing then. I have three in diapers that i can try them out on for awhile.

My main focus would be aios and fitteds

I've invested in a few bolts of OBF,OBV, Minky from Korea What stores do you trust to buy knit fabrics from

Did you make your own pattern or do you pay to use a pattern

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I went through a pattern buying spree so I have a bunch that I use. I have altered them to my liking though. My main focus was finding larger size patterns, because my girl outgrew os diapers very early on. So I bought some os that were said to be bigger and some sized. I have also used free patterns. Looking back I think why did I HAVE to try every pattern lol

As for knits if I were selling I would get them from fabric.com or etsy. For my personal use I just shop joanns because it is so close to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ellen.Keith
by Group Admin on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I have used the free patterns on the diaper directory link and in the end drafted a pattern using the measurements ( also available in the directory)

As for knits I buy them from Facebook coops.
ladybugwhitten
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM
The pattern that I love is free from the Nappy network. http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/diy.php Only draw back is they are for home use only. Although I think they have some for purchase as well. I get my minky from Joanns and I bought the PUL from the internet, I forget were.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)