Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mock FOE

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

I want to make something like FOE out of PUL kind of like the flip diapers have. Doesn't have to have elastic like the FOE. Would I just make strips like for binding?

Thanks for the ideas.

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Ma2Liam
by Diva In Training on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM
You could just take strips of pul. It won't fray so if you cut them even it would work. Then sew it on like FOE. You could also make it super fancy and fold it like bias tape but I don't think you would have to.
I know perfect01 has done the pul binding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Yes this!

Quoting Ma2Liam:

You could just take strips of pul. It won't fray so if you cut them even it would work. Then sew it on like FOE. You could also make it super fancy and fold it like bias tape but I don't think you would have to.

I know perfect01 has done the pul binding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybugwhitten
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM

How wide should I do the strips?

perfect01
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I took some of my scraps and worked with just them figuring what worked best for me.  I use 2 layers of PUL for my diapers, so I ended up cutting mine about 1", but on another I only cut it  3/4".  The FOE is 3/4" and 1", so that is what I used.  I tried folding it like bias tape, but it would not stay folded and it was a PITA to work with.  Here is a picture of one done with matching PUL.  I also made one with a really cute polka dot fleece around a solid colored PUL Ai2.  It is so cute and Clara is still wearing it.  It has never wicked.

Quoting ladybugwhitten:

How wide should I do the strips?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)