Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey there!!!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 169 Total Views

I am new :) I have been wanting to make diapers for a long time and my fiance finally approved me buying all the stuff I need for it.  I lucked out and found PUL fabric super cheap at an overstock store, FOE, and velcro.  But now I need to know what other supplies I will need.  I am just going to be making diaper covers, hopefully with leg gussets if I can figure that part out, and prefolds because my son is just too small for pockets.  So any advice would be splendid!!!  Also I need advice on where to get supplies, because the joanns, hobby lobby, and hancocks is seriously lacking in good bbay fabric

thank you :))))

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Welcome to the group! Check out the red and yellow stickys we have at the top of page, there are lots of patterns, tutorials and info there.

Foe is a little tough to start with as there is a learning curve to it. But give it a try, just remember that so you don't get discouraged.

I highly recommend a mat and rotary cutter. This will save you time, get better cuts and be easier.

You want to use a ballpoint needle and 100% polyester thread.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChWuGu
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

ok, so far I have everything you have mentioned :) yay

Quoting Sarita33:

Welcome to the group! Check out the red and yellow stickys we have at the top of page, there are lots of patterns, tutorials and info there.

Foe is a little tough to start with as there is a learning curve to it. But give it a try, just remember that so you don't get discouraged.

I highly recommend a mat and rotary cutter. This will save you time, get better cuts and be easier.

You want to use a ballpoint needle and 100% polyester thread.

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Oh and I order a lot of supplies from www.diapersewingsupplies.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ellen.Keith
by Group Admin on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Welcome to the group!

You have everything to make covers on hand.  FOE is a bit of a challenge to work with but after playing with it you will get the hang of it.  When you begging to sew it just remember that it is a learning process.  I avoid FOE. 

The stickies are a great resource for tutorials, patterns, and list of places that sell fabric.

My preference for ordering is Fabric.com for cotton prints, elastic, and Minky.  Diapersewingsupply.com is my go to for Apix hook and loop ( gentler than Velcro). Wazoodle.com for HOBF and OBF.  

If you need help please feel free to ask.  Oh and there is a good tutorial for the gussets...I will bump it to the top.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)