Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can you??

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 165 Total Views

boil microfiber to strip them..I have heard yes and no

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hannahsmommy816
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM

i believe yes but never tried it

Sarita33
by Group Owner on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I don't see why you couldn't, but they will probably stink bad when boiled. I just bleached them to strip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
MF is made from polyester, which can harden if heated too much - but what is ”too much” can actually vary by fabric. In short, I don't know - but I'll boil one of my old cleaning towels to test it after I get DS to school.
monalisasus
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM

sweet! I have takent o washing them every now and again with dawn and vinegar...and hanging them in the sun until winter. the smell isnt that bad really. 

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

MF is made from polyester, which can harden if heated too much - but what is ”too much” can actually vary by fabric. In short, I don't know - but I'll boil one of my old cleaning towels to test it after I get DS to school.

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM
None are dry yet, but I'd say it's fine. After doing the old, somewhat stiff/rough ones I tossed a new one in too. The old ones may have actually softened up some, while the new one may be ever so slightly less soft. It's a pretty miniscule difference, either way. Just be sure to stir the entire time so no part rests against the bottom of the pot too long. Also, FWIW I boiled with dish soap and a splash of vinegar added to the water.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)