Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heavy wetter diapers/inserts

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 216 Total Views
Are there any tried and true fabrics or combinations that work for heavy/fast writers? My son is peeing through everything
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM
So sorry I missed this!
I use a bamboo/microfiber blend insert on top of an all bamboo insert for my girls. So 2 inserts in each pocket.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:01 PM
For DS I used cotton batting and flannel; what was important was how it was put together. I did a petal-style insert where the top was contoured, the bottom was a rectangle the width of the contour's narrowest point, and they were attached in the middle (so the bottom could be folded forward for a boy, to the middle for a girl, or backward for diarrhea) rather than front or back. That way I could put the equivalent of 18 layers of flannel in the wet zone (leaving equiv 6 layers elsewhere) without increasing the bulk tremendously. The cotton batting was just to decrease the amount of cutting required, as it has 2x the absorbancy of flannel but is also about twice as thick.
Ellen.Keith
by Group Admin on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I have had good luck with two layers of SHOBF tri folded.
Desirae1394
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I swear by the bamboo fitteds I have (tots bots) with a hemp insert added for nighttime. I'm actually going to try making some bamboo fitteds cause these are getting small.

kansasrtamy
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Mine is too.  I dont want to keep putting a bunch of inserts to where he cant move..lol  My son has the chunkiest legs but skinny waist and where he is leaking is his legs.  I had used g diaper inserts but he always wets through and I also have some inserts that i think are only two layers of mf so I was thinking about doubling mf inserts and seeing if that worked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)