Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Difference between woven elastic and braided elastic?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 1:14 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 1254 Total Views
Ok, I am getting ready to order my notions for my diapers and was hoping someone could tell me the difference between the woven elastic and polybraided elastic.  I thought about using lastin, but I really don't want to spend all that money and find I have difficulty sewing it, having never used it before.  (I only sew it in.)

The pattern I use calls for polybraided.  Is one better than the other?
by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Marsena
by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM
I'd kinda like to know to. I use polybraid, and it works. and I say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but I have been curious about that too!

Work at home mom of 2. Trying to do everything all naturally - from cleaning, to healthcare! God gave us everything we need. I don't like the idea of using Man-made chemicals or medications!

I sew homemade cloth diapers, and training pants! see my store at www.mbeckscrappin.etsy.com  I make AIO, pocket, hybrid, and fitted diapers sizes newborn to toddler normally, but will make bigger for special needs! I also make Cloth Training pants and swim diapers! Just email me to for more info! mbeckscrappin@hotmail.com
for my current fabrics available see http://photobucket.com/mbeckscrappin 

nicci_ann
by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 5:33 PM
I found a good price on the woven at www.wazoodle.com since I need alot of it.  I found out as long as it is not cotton it is ok.  I think it is just another generic term for it.  The one I'm looking at is polyester and rubber so it is good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)