Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to the group

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

Hi!  My name is Marianna and I have a 13 month old son.  I am an elementary school teacher and a geographically single mom.  My husband just joined the army so he is currently away for training.

I started sewing diapers because I was tempted by Goodmamas but couldn't fathom paying $35 for one!  I also wanted to make a mini stash for the baby shower of a friend who wanted to cloth diaper. 

So anyway, I came across the Rita's Rump Pocket pattern and have been thrilled with the results. I love being able to dress my son in cute prints.  I also love how EASY it is to make!

I recently had a sewing party with that same friend and we made 28 diapers (pictured below).  I've probably had enough sewing for a little while.  I am hoping though to do more sewing in the not too distant future.

I suppose I've rambled on long enough.  I'm excited to get involved in the group.

please consider donating to Miracle Diapers

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wyatts_mama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

i really like gm diapers and have found that the rrp pattern has a very similar fit. i'm hoping to buy myself a snap press soon so i can add snaps the way the gm's are too :)

mariannainidaho
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I did end up buying a Bububebe and it's okay.  I prefer my son's diapers to have a little wider rear...not so wild about bikini cut diapers! 

I also want to buy a snap press.  I heard about an expat living in China who sells them for cheap.  She ships pretty quickly too from what I understand.  I can't remember where I heard about her though or how to order one of her snap presses!

Quoting wyatts_mama:

i really like gm diapers and have found that the rrp pattern has a very similar fit. i'm hoping to buy myself a snap press soon so i can add snaps the way the gm's are too :)

Ronica218
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Welcome to the group!  I am so happy you joined!

~ Veronica

Come check out my groups!

Bread Making  Candy Making   Sewing Diaper Divas  and The Green Witch

teacher312
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM

CUTE!  Where did you find your fabric?  Is it flannel?  All I can find is plain colors.

Elaine

Stop Telling God How big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm how big your God Is!

mariannainidaho
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Most of the fabric is flannel.  I've also used some quilting cotton when I just loved the fabric.  I see flannel prints everywhere I go, Joann, Walmart, Hancock and so forth all carry them.  They're usually near the solids.

Quoting teacher312:

CUTE!  Where did you find your fabric?  Is it flannel?  All I can find is plain colors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)