• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lets see your sewing rooms!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 331 Total Views

Here's mine, it's just a corner of the living room.  I have a spare bedroom that I could use, but I work in the living room so I can do a little sewing while the kids are playing . . .  and occasionally see my husband.  He is totally annoyed by anything sewing related, but he'll get over it I suppose.  It's a mess, and yes, that's a beer.  It's mine.  I was trying to rearrange and organize the sewing space and it was really stressing me out!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hotmama708
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Yours is nice. Mine is a federal disaster area. I might gather up the courage to post a pic once I see a few others...

reynam
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM

nice, i wish i had a surger! i will post  a pic later!

alexmom07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM

lol  mine is a little corner in my bedroom that is about to take it over... I want to move it all downstairs behind a gate like yours so I can have my bedroom back.   lol

supercrafty
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I actually only had the courage to post mine because I had seen a few that were even messier on another group.  Most of them were really nice and well organized and just made me feel bad :)  This is about as clean as it gets, by the way.  Sometimes (like now) it's much messier.

Quoting hotmama708:

Yours is nice. Mine is a federal disaster area. I might gather up the courage to post a pic once I see a few others...

Ronica218
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Sadly I don't have a space.  I just take out my sewing machine and put it on the kitchen table. Then when I'm done, I put it away.  One day when I have a house, not an apt, I will have space!

~ Veronica

Come check out my groups!

Bread Making  Candy Making   Sewing Diaper Divas  and The Green Witch

cowgirls10181
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM

i do it 2!! but leave it tell i'm done takes a day or 2 we eat in front of the tv when i'm sewing

Quoting Ronica218:

Sadly I don't have a space.  I just take out my sewing machine and put it on the kitchen table. Then when I'm done, I put it away.  One day when I have a house, not an apt, I will have space!

supercrafty
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 7:04 AM

I did that for a long time too, but I never actually put anything away. 

Quoting Ronica218:

reynam
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM

mine is a complete mess. i would like to say that it is clean most of the time, but that is a lie. I always throw scraps on the floor, fabric on the futon, and leave strings flying everywhere. it is the one place in my house ican make a mess.

LippyMcTiccy
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Right now I'm set up in the dining room. I think I'm going to have to come up with a different arrangement as my baby gets more mobile. She doesn't move around much yet so I haven't worried too much but the other day she got into some trouble. She has reflux, so after I feed her I set her in her car seat for a 1/2 hr. The other day I was rushed because I had to go to the restroom so I set her in her seat without buckling her. I was just gone a minute, but when I came back she had squirmed out of the seat and under my sewing table, where I found her chewing on the handles of my sewing scissors (Now when did those fall to the floor?). I'm just glad it was the handles. I wouldn't want to explain that in the emergency room!

MRSnMOTHER
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM

This is my sewing slash computer space located in my living room LOL. This is where I make my handmade items and make my extra change :)

This is my storage area...I dare not open it LOL it is a mess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)