Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OWIE!!!! ...and my latest creation

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

I was sewing a diaper this morning and I did something i have never done in all my years of sewing (probably 25 years)...I SEWED MY FINGER!!!!!  I couldn't believe it, I was so startled, I couldn't eveb talk for a minute and my DH was like, "What..what?!  WHAT!??  What's wrong!??" totally freaking out..I was finally able to say that I sewed my finger.  The needle went in about 1/4 inch from the tip, and ripped it up to the tip.  YUKKO!  At least I didn't get blood on the dipe...I'll post some pic of that later.

Here's a pic of baby legs and a little shirt I made. I made them a little big because I want to use them for a while. The dipe I was working on is the same green color.  I also made a whole mess of wipes, all different sized, cause I used scraps.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nikki0522
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM
teacher312
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I've done that too.  I also sliced the tip off one time with my rotary cutter.  That isn't fun either.  So much blood!!!

Cute outfit, BTWgood

.Amanda.Dawn.
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Ow!  That is my biggest fear while sewing, I'm such a klutz I'm sure I'll do it eventually.

cowgirls10181
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM

they are soo cute do you have a pattern for the baby legs I would love to make my little one some out of fleece I tried the socks but my machine would not sew them!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)