Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need pattern

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 314 Total Views

hello ladies I am new to this group and CDing in general, I've done tons of reading and wanted to try them out but never really found the time and I always thought the up front cost of starting was to high what if I did not like them, would it be a waste of money and so forth so anyway I recently got laid off and now that I have the time to try it and make them and I want to save money I want to try them so long story short, I need a pattern, where did you guys get yours?

My daughter is 4 months old, 15 lbs and 27" long, I can get her waist and leg measurements if I need to. I am pretty good with a sewing machine so that will not be a problem and before I had her I bought tons of cute fabrics because I was going to make blankets and burp clothes and slings and wraps and all that good stuff so I have tons of outer fabric just need to buy the velour and what ever I am using in between.

thanks ladies

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
.Amanda.Dawn.
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM

If you are looking to be very frugal then here's a great resource:

http://fernandfaerie.com/frugaldiapering.html

If you are willing to buy velcro or snaps and elastic, then you can easily sew pocket diapers or fitted diapers.  I make pocket diapers and they cost around $4 in materials each. Fitted diapers can be much cheaper, especially if you're using recycled materials. 

As far as instructions, just use the search function in this group to find the tutorials for making a pocket or fitted diaper.  Those are very useful. 

Here is where you can find the free Rita's Rump Pattern:

http://handmadebyrita.blogspot.com/2007/10/classic-rrp-ritas-rump-pocket-pattern.html

Then check out this video for the basics on sewing  a fitted diaper:

eddie_8_yr_mom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM

WOW this is great thanks so much, I think I can spend the $4 in material and add the snaps and elastic, I already own snap pliers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)