Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since so many of us use cloth wipes...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

... what is your homemade wipes solution?  Or do you buy it, what do you use?

~ Veronica

Come check out my groups!

Bread Making  Candy Making   Sewing Diaper Divas  and The Green Witch

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
reynam
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:20 PM

i fill a gallon jug with water and then add a couple tablespoons of baby oil and a few of shampoo (baby) then i shake and pour it in a sm. spray bottle.

SamanthaAgain
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I take a gallon jug of purified water, remove about a cup, and add about 1/4 cup of baby oil and baby shampoo plus 2-3 drops of tea tree oil.

Mommy2Macy
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Well, I use my wipes warmer. I fill it about 3/4 full of water, then add a squirt of baby wash and about 1/2 cup of witch hazel. (Measurements aren't exact, just wing it!) The witch hazel is an astringent and since I started adding it my daughter's little bum doesn't even get red anymore. The baby wash I use is the vapor bath so it has the soothing effect of the menthol. HTH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brandi~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~Engaged To My Best Friend~~~~~~~

~~~Momma To 35weeker Macy June 1st~~~

~~~~~BWing, CDing, Vaxing, Pro-Life~~~~~

~~~~~~~~MY ISO/IHA LISTING~~~~~~~~

supercrafty
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:38 AM

I have some awesome soap bits from an etsy shop, but I generally just use water.  I fill the wipes container with wipes and tap water at least once a day.  When it was just my daughter in diapers we used some fancier wipes recipes, but baby boy poops every other diaper and I just gol lazy, lol.

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:36 AM

It varies depending on my mood. Usually I use a squirt of ABC wash with a couple of drops of melaleuca. Sometimes I'll add eucalyptus as well. He has several washes, though, and sometimes I like to mix and match for different scents and whatnot.

lebrbria
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I found a recipe online...don't remember where, though.  I use 2 cups of distilled water, 1/8-1/4 cup of baby oil, and an 1/8-1/4 cup of baby shampoo (usually the lavendar kind).  I loooove the way it smells! 

Bri L.

I'm a Republican, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, fully vaccinating, baby wearing, pitbull loving, frugal, opinionated mommy to Claire Anne (2-9-08) and loving wife to my high school sweatheart Richard Garrett

Owner of New York Buy, Sell, or Trade.  Open to all New York state residents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)