Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first diaper!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:28 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 342 Total Views

I made this one a couple weeks ago (and have DEFINITELY used it since), but haven't been able to get a photo while its clean. It is my favorite diaper so far, just cuz its SO easy.... I think I'm gonna make more fleece pockets, and just stuff my prefolds in them, and make some fitteds to use my covers with...

One thing before I add pictures, anyone know how to make a swim diaper? Or can I just use one of my commercial (bumkins) aio's as a swim diaper? I've heard pools don't want babies in there even with a swim diaper, why is that?

Ok pics:

Also, would it work to use like a cheap shower curtain to make a diaper? Like hide the liner inside to waterproof it? What about a wet bag? I made one out of a shower curtain, and excuse the horrible pun, it doesn't hold water... No I haven't poured water IN it, but it is used as my pail liner, and when I take itout of the pail, it is wet on the outside.. did I just sew it wrong?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
southernlamom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Very cute! Looks way better htan my first diap! LOL Normally for a waterproof pocket you use PUL, polyuerthane laminate. Thats what I use to make my wetbags :)

eeyore530
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Yeah I just can't find PUL at the store, and don't want to order it online.

Quoting southernlamom:

Very cute! Looks way better htan my first diap! LOL Normally for a waterproof pocket you use PUL, polyuerthane laminate. Thats what I use to make my wetbags :)

KatieM
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Very cute!  Good job mama!  I've heard of people doing the shower curtain thing but I heard it doesn't work.  Plus I think a lot are made out of vinyl which is not the best material to use with diapers as it holds in heat and doesn't breathe.  I have the gerber vinyl pants but usually  just use them as a last resort!  But i don't know maybe you didn't get a vinyl one.  I have also thought of cheap things I could do for waterproofing and so far fleece or wool from the thrift store is what I would do for some inexpensive waterproofing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)